Ok before we start, what exactly is a kaftan? You can call it a garment similar to a robe but more intricate in design. Traditionally worn by many cultures throughout the world, this garment is lightweight and can be simple or elegant. Found commonly thought Africa and the Middle East, it is widely worn to combat the heat with its loose fit.
More recently, top designers have become to embrace the unique look and have utilized the kaftan as part of their spring/summer collections. You can now find various styles made from major designers online and in stores. Let’s take a look at some ways how you can wear a kaftan to boost your summer style.
- Summer kaftans usually feature floral prints and are generally worn in casual situations
- All white is a popular style for the summer
- For footwear wear leather sandals
- Usually handmade featuring intricate embroidery
- The length goes down well past the ankles to flow on the floor
- Traditionally worn by the bride
- Ideal for a casual spring or summer outing
- Wear a pair of slim fit jeans
- Pair a short silk kaftan with denim shorts in the summer
There are many way how you can wear a kaftan, from the beach to an afternoon the shopping mall. This versatile piece of clothing should be in every women’s wardrobe especially in the summer. Keep in mind that the styles and colours are numerous and creativity is needed to create the best outfit.
Please leave a comment and subscribe for our newsletter and special promotions.