When people talk about the winter months, the first thing that comes to mind is the below zero temperatures and the type of jacket or coat that you will wear most often. This can be as easy or as difficult as you make it to be by deciding if some variables matter to your personal style. There are only two categories that the two groups fall under, either the one jacket the whole season or the people that switch their jacket or coat with their outfit.
In this article we will discuss the advantages and differences of wearing only one jacket or coat the entire winter season or switching jackets and coats with corresponding outfits. Let’s take a look.
The One Outerwear Person
Who reading this article right now falls under this category? If you answered no then reading this article is for you to understand why some people only wear one outerwear the entire winter season. There is usually a couple of reasons why someone would do this lets list them:
- Minimal money to buy multiple outerwear pieces
- Like to wear their “favourite” winter jacket
- There is no need to have multiple coats because they work a lot and don’t really go anywhere else
- Less money spent on outerwear
- Will always be comfortable because there is no “break in” period needed
- Worry free outfit selection because you only have one piece of winter outer, so the outfit will have to work
- Will be hard to create a harmonious outfit
- Can have a negative impact on first impressions
- Can get stale really quick
The Multiple Outerwear Person
The characteristics of this person can be described as fashion forward and usually has more disposable income to spend than the other category. I know I know, “Why would I need more than 5 coats or jackets in one season?” Well, we will list the advantages and disadvantages of this person. Let’s see.
- Will have an easier time assembling outfits
- There will be recognition for other fashion forward people
- Can always carry a second outerwear piece in case the weather suddenly changes
- Can be very costly to acquire multiple coats and jackets
- It will be difficult to set a limit on how many pieces you really need, so the costs can seem never ending
- Can have to potential as being seen as s show off, especially amongst co-workers
- There is no need to spend money that you don’t have just for the sake of fashion
- Sometimes less is more, experiment with a few pieces and expand as the season progresses
- Look for deals on outerwear in spring and summer
Please leave a comment and subscribe for our newsletter and special promotions.